Dátum uverejnenia: 31 júla 2020
Dátum ukončenia: 31 augusta 2020
Lokalita: Gleeds Energy - Warrington
Cost Management / Quantity Surveying
Be part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities.
About this opportunity
We are looking to recruit experienced Cost Managers at all levels to join our team.
We are seeking candidates with drive and energy with experience in the Defence, Nuclear or Heavy engineering sectors.
Gleeds Energy Limited is the division of Gleeds dedicated to the provision of a comprehensive consultancy service to the Power, Energy, Defence, Heavy Engineering and Manufacturing sectors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Reporting directly to the Lead Quantity Surveyor you will carry out and support the following duties:
- Contract Management
- Cost Management
- Prepare, validate and agreement of interim and final accounts
- Prepare monthly reports
- Complete savings report for internal records
- Risk Management
- Contract Change Control
- Site Surveys
- Attending / leading Commercial / Contract meetings
- Comply with Quality Management Systems, processes and procedures
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career as a training, learning and development professional
- 24 days holiday plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
Who we’re looking for:
The position requires the candidate to work in a heavy industrialised environment and will be required to spend most of their time monitoring progress on site.
You will be able to work in a Client facing role and develop relationships within the industry and have a forward-thinking approach with the ability to develop client relationships.
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
Candidates will have a broad spectrum of technical knowledge relating to Cost and Commercial Management. Experience of standard forms of contract, including NEC3 may be beneficial.
In addition to having the following skills, candidates personal and communication skills, ambition, drive and energy will be considered important to be successful.
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Methodical way of thinking
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Knowledge of standard forms contracts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Computer literate
You will be degree educated in a RICS accredited Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying course or equivalent and be MRICS qualified or working towards Chartership.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.
We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.
Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.Prihláste sa online: